Turkey vows retaliation for deadly Ankara blast
Feb 18, Ankara: Turkey has vowed to retaliate against the perpetrators of a powerful blast in the capital Ankara that left at least 28 people dead and 61 injured, media report said.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said, "Turkey will not shy away from using its right to self-defence at any time, any place or any occasion."
Officials said a vehicle full of explosives was detonated as military buses were passing by on Wednesday.
The US condemned the blast, with National Security Council spokesman Ned Price saying: "We stand together with Turkey, a Nato ally, a strong partner."
The blast happened in an area close to parliament and military headquarters.
Funerals are expected to take place later on Thursday.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
The Oslo Times