Stockholm attack suspect was facing deportation



    Stockholm attack suspect was facing deportation

    Apr 9, Stockholm: The suspect behind the Stockholm truck attack had been facing deportation, the Swedish police stated.

    According to the Poli39-year-old Uzbek man is suspected of having driven a truck into a department store in the city on Friday.
    His application for residency was rejected in June last year and he was being sought by immigration officials, police said.
    Meanwhile, a second suspect has been placed under formal arrest.

    The suspect had applied for permanent residency in 2014, but this was rejected, and in December 2016 he was given four weeks to leave the country, police chief Jonas Hysing told a press conference.He then disappeared, and police began searching for him, Mr Hysing added.
    Four people are confirmed to have died in the attack - two Swedish nationals, a Briton and a Belgian, but police have not released their identities. Another 15 people were injured after  the truck, was driven into Ahlens department store in the capital on Friday afternoon.

    The Oslo Times International News Network

     
     

    Related Posts