Poland no longer prepare to take refugees after Brussels attack
March 24, Warsaw: Poland has said the country is no longer prepared to take the 7,000 refugees it agreed to accept in negotiations with the European Union because of the deadly Brussels attacks.
Poland's Prime Minister Beata Szydlo said on Wednesday that she does "not see any possibility for the refugees to come to Poland" after explosions rocked the Belgian capital a day earlier, according to Polish broadcaster Superstacja.
Poland had planned to admit an initial 400 refugees this year, and the rest would be allowed in over the next three years.
Last year, thousands of Poles took to the streets and social media to promote participation in anti-refugee marches across the country, organised by far-right nationalist movements such as the National Radical Camp.
In October, President Andrzej Duda said the government should take steps to protect its citizens from refugees bringing in "possible epidemics".
The Oslo Times