Obama says US will not be terrorised by fresh attack



    Obama says US will not be terrorised by fresh attack

    Dec 6, NY: President Barack Obama said US will not be terrorised by Wednesday's mass shootings in San Bernanardino that killed 14 people.

    In his weekly radio address, Obama said: "We are strong. And we are resilient". Obama said it was entirely possible that the two attackers were radicalised.

    Syed Rizwan Farook and his wife Tashfeen Malik carried out the shootings in California before they were shot dead by police. The FBI is investigating the shootings as an "act of terrorism".

    The FBI is investigating the shootings as an "act of terrorism." Islamic State militant group on Saturday hailed the attack saying it had been carried out by "two supporters of the IS."

    "We know that Isil [IS] and other terrorist groups are actively encouraging people - around the world and in our country - to commit terrible acts of violence, oftentimes as lone wolf actors," Mr Obama said in his address.

    "All of us - government, law enforcement, communities, faith leaders - need to work together to prevent people from falling victim to these hateful ideologies."


    The Oslo Times

     
     

    Related Posts